Monday 11 May 2020

The loss of talking

Just before the pandemic hit, a counsellor I had been seeing (over trauma - formally, PTSD - from my experiences of sexual [including when I was a child] and transphobic abuse, and also work stress) had to end the sessions I was having because she had gone to another work position. I'd felt I had got to a stage of dealing with those issues reasonably well, anyway, so I didn't bother extending my mental health plan.

Now, with all the stresses of lockdown, I'm suddenly wishing I could resume those sessions . . .

(The company I work for has a confidential support scheme: I am, however, a little concerned that they may, as one such scheme at another company did, raise being trans as an issue - which showed transphobia as a professional and personal flaw of that counsellor/scheme. It also doesn't help that I haven't had my quarterly week off for five months now, nor that we don't have even the cut down version of NBN here - which is causing internet access problems so bad I now have to go in to the office.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.