Thursday 13 April 2023

Another day, another far right wing extremist threat to counter ... [Content Warning]

Another email sent off about another far right wing extremist threat: 

 

Dear Member for _,

I am gravely concerned that <local council> has cancelled a drag event in response to far right extremist threats - see here (Star Observer). I understand the desire to protect young people from the risk of physical and emotional injury - and having received such damage myself from haters, I am aware of the importance of such protection.

However, I am also aware of the importance of prevention of future such criminal threats (if nothing else, it would seem to me to be use of a conveyance to make a threat), and of protecting democracy - which n_____, fascism and other right wing agents have had a history of successfully undermining through initially small threats - the USA being the most recent example.

In my opinion <local council> MUST report all threats received to police, and police should, IMO, investigate properly - these were threatened crimes against, according to <local council>, the wellbeing of minors. It is time such threats were treated accordingly.

I have just looked at the <local council> website, and there is no obvious condemnation of the their nor even any expression of support for young people - particularly LGTBIQA+ children.

I would appreciate your action on this.

 

If you appreciated this post, please consider promoting it - there are some links below.

Finally, remember: we need to be more human being rather than human doing.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.