Sunday 29 September 2019

Studying: book reviews

I have been doing quite a bit of reading that is relevant to my political interests, and it occurred to me that I should treat that as I would if I was actually doing a course, and have a go at some "formal" book reviews.

I'll try to do these at the rate of one a week, which means I have about half a year's worth of writing to do based on what I've already read recently, but there's also the hard copy books I've read the past and my current reading (and watching), so this may finish . . . in about three future lifetimes from now :)

I'll keep a running list of my book reviews in this post:
Previous (informal) book reviews include:
I also briefly mention Doris Kearns Goodwin's "Team of Rivals" (Penguin, 2009, ISBN 978-0141043722) and Paul K Chappell's“The Art of Waging Peace” (pub. Prospecta Press, reprint 2015, ISBN 978-1632260314 [Amazon]) in a commentary at https://politicalmusingsofkayleen.blogspot.com/2019/08/reading.html. I'll review both of those, and another hard copy book of Mr Chappell's that I have, in due course.

I also very briefly mention Plato's Apology in my second ever post on this blog, at https://politicalmusingsofkayleen.blogspot.com/2016/10/voting-and-socrates.html, which was when I trying to work through a political science course in an ordered manner (hah! like that worked out 😁 ).  There's probably other passing mentions of books (PS - such as here, here, here, and here . . . ), but that will do for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.